Basic information about the processing of personal information
|Data Controller||Amadeus IT Group, S.A. (“Amadeus”)|
|Purpose of Personal Data Processing||To provide Travel-19 Services to users visiting Travel-19 Website and using Travel-19 chatbot in accordance with a contract that has been entered between Amadeus and user of Travel-19 Services. Travel-19 Services are designed provide you travel information to help users making decisions relating to travel during the COVID-19 crisis.|
|Legal Grounds for Processing||Performance of a contract |
|Recipients of the Personal Data||Amadeus Affiliates and Third-Party Service Providers|
|Data subject’s rights||Under certain circumstances, you have rights to access, review and restrict processing of Personal Data as well as the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.|
Amadeus IT Group SA (“Amadeus”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information (information that identifies you as an individual) it collects and processes when providing products and services. Amadeus warrants it acts in compliance with applicable data protection legislation in its processing activities.
Who is collecting and processing the personal information?
Amadeus IT Group SA (Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027, Madrid, Spain) acts as the data controller and is responsible for collecting, processing of your personal information collected through Travel-19 Services.
What personal information do we collect about you and for what purposes it is used?
We may collect and process personal information about you during your visit of Travel-19 website and use of Travel-19 Services. We will always let you know why we need this information and whether it is mandatory or not. Please note that Travel-19 Services are not directed to children under the age of sixteen and we request children under the age of sixteen not to use these Services. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a customer under the age of sixteen, we will delete the information from our records.
- If you use Travel-19 Services and chat with us through Travel-19 Chatbot, you will have the option to provide your e-mail address on a voluntary basis to receive a copy and updates of the information relevant for your trip. We will use your e-mail address only to share information about the COVID-19 crisis which may be relevant for your trip. The legal basis for processing your personal information is the performance of the contract we have with you.
- If you have given us your specific consent, we may also use your e-mail address to send you news and updates about other Amadeus innovative projects aimed at transforming travel, such as projects making travel frictionless, eco-friendly, sustainable, or any other similar projects. You will be able to unsubscribe to these e-mails at any time.
- We may also use your personal information for our internal business purposes such as data analysis, improving our services, developing Amadeus solutions and identifying usage trends.
What is the legal basis for the processing of your personal information?
The legal grounds for processing personal information collected through Travel-19 Services are performance of the contract, legitimate interest and consent.
Who is your personal information shared with?
In addition, we may also disclose your personal information:
- To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock; and
- If necessary 1/ under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; 2/ to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; 3/ To enforce our terms and conditions; 4/ to protect our operations but also our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and 5/ to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Where such disclosures take place, Amadeus requires the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to be in place to protect personal data, and for personal data to be processed lawfully. Amadeus only allows affiliates and third-party service providers to use personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Amadeus instructions.
When your personal information is transferred to a country outside the country in which you originally provided it and that have not been recognize as providing an adequate level of data protection, it will continue to receive adequate protection through contractual or other arrangements put in place with affiliates and third party service providers including standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data transferred the same protection it has in EEA or Privacy Shield certification which gives personal data similar protection it has in EEA.
Further information on the appropriate safeguards used when transferring personal data outside the EEA can be requested through contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting this information, please make a reference to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
Security and integrity of personal information
Retention of personal information
Amadeus retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Please note that on any forms where you provide us with your details, we may specify the period of time that we intend to keep the data according to the specific purposes defined in the form.
Data access and correction requests
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information (including deletion) that has been previously provided to us, including any other privacy related matters, you may contact us by email in the English language at email@example.com. For security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to authenticate your identity before providing access to personal information. Amadeus may also be restricted from allowing access to, changing, or deleting some personal information. Although Amadeus intends to carefully address any request and/or claim from you, if you are not satisfied by our response, you are entitled to file any claim or complaint before the relevant data protection authorities, in particular in the EEA country of your habitual residence or our alleged infringement of the European data protection laws.
The date this document was last updated is shown here: May 2020.